Democrats are proving once again that they are indeed the true masters of hypocrisy, double standards and flip-flopping.
Less than 5 years ago, all 54 Democrats in the Democrat-controlled Senate voted to:
• double the length of a new border fence with Mexico
• end the diversity visa lottery
• spend $40 billion on border security
• double the number of border agents to 40,000
• stop family members of U.S. citizens from coming here on reunification visas
• create “merit-based” visas
Before that, in 2006, Democrats like Chuck Schumer, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Joe Biden voted to construct hundreds of miles of fencing along the border. (See: Boston Globe headline: “In 2006, Democrats were saying ‘build that fence!'”)
But terrified of upsetting their militantly-liberal base, Democrats have gone AWOL on the very policies they supported just a few years ago.
Don’t let Democrats forget their long history of supporting many of the same measures President Trump is championing today.
Read more here from RNC Research: Dems Border Brouhaha